BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Choose the right foundation for your skin color

I find that the hardest thing about make-up is getting the right foundation for your skin color. Most of the ones available on the shelves are either to light or too dark for my skin. And most of the time the lighting at the malls are just not right. Like, when I try on a foundation over the counter, it looks nice and stuff, but I've bought it, brought it home and applied it on my face the next day, it just doesn't suit my skin tone.

There're so many advices on how to choose the right color for your skin. When I was in Malaysia, I attended this make-up course. It was a really cool course, and they use Mac products. Anyways, their advise on choosing the right foundation is to choose 1 tone lighter than your skin color. While in Australia, experts recommend make-up users to choose the exact foundation color with your skin. Which means, choose the tone that disappears in your skin.
As for me, I prefer to follow the Aussie method. I don't really like looking whiter than my skin tone. It'll just make me look weird and not natural. Plus, with this method, you won't get a weird line along your jawline. Well, I like the Malaysian make-up tips as well, but I prefer to mix and match both tips. Take the good ones from both sides.
However, its not easy to find a tone that disappears in your skin color. Especially with my skin tone ( I would say, I'm quite tanned), its much harder. So, my advice would be, get 1 foundation which is 1 or 2 tones lighter than your skin, and another foundation that is 1 tone darker. Play around with the colors by mixing them till you get the same foundation color as your skin. Also, make sure you get the right lighting (the best lighting is natural light). So, if you can sit at your balcony trying on the right foundation color, it would be perfect. So, if you find the mixed foundation too dark, add the lighter one. And if its too light, add the darker ones. But make sure you add them bit by bit or you'll seriously screw up the color. After you've got the right tone, apply some at your jawline, cheekbones & forehead (remember, don't put too much!). After that, take a foundation brush or a sponge, and blend and blend and blend!

Tip: The best way to put natural make-up is to look fresh and glowing without looking like you're wearing make up. So, keep it minimal on the foundation!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Affiliate Marketing is a performance based sales technique used by companies to expand their reach into the internet at low costs. This commission based program allows affiliate marketers to place ads on their websites or other advertising efforts such as email distribution in exchange for payment of a small commission when a sale results.

www.onlineuniversalwork. com