BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Save some cash and revamp your wardrobe!

I am at my point where money is a bit of a problem. What I'm trying to say is I would love to have a good piece of designer dress or a really high quality dress. Many people may not believe me, but I actually do not own that many dresses. I usually just accessories them differently every time I wear the same dress.
Anyways, I usually clean my wardrobe every 6 months to give it a fresh look. Plus, it gives me the chance to see what I have and what I need. Honestly speaking, just like other tips on revamping your wardrobe, its not an easy task. I would suggest play some happy music when you're at it.
However, cleaning out your wardrobe does not mean you have to throw away every single thing you think you're not going to wear. If I do that I'd only have a few clothes left.
Clear your mind and analyze your clothes 1 by 1. Check if there are any holes. If there are, think of any way you can save this dress. Perhaps add a pocket or maybe cut the length? If no, yes you have to break up with it. Throw it away, toss it somewhere you can never turn back and get it again.
Pull out clothes that is outdated, not your size anymore and you don't think you'll ever wear them again coz you're just bored of them.
Lay them out on the bed or somewhere spacious. Look at them closely. If you have a dress that is too big, you can easily take it to your taylor and alter it to your size.
Outdated? Be creative. Try to think of a way to save the dress. Perhaps get rid of its shoulder pads or maybe shorten the length or perhaps alter the waist size? Take it to the taylor. She or he will know what to do. But don't forget to voice out your preferences. Most outdated clothes or dresses can be saved, by modernizing them. If you're taylor is really good, you dress will be a super hot vintage dress.
All of us have come to the point where we're just bored of some of our clothes. My tip is, alter them! From long sleeves to short, from to short to sleeveless, from long skirt to mini skirt, from a dress to a skirt! But if you think there's nothing you can do about that piece of cloth, get rid of it!

0 comments: